Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web server handled by a hosting vendor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's review these. Doing so, you can decide what you need, based on whether you desire to build a blog, e-mails, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by various file storage providers, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely awry interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the load between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different website hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain firms provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is good if you desire to share a great number of pics with chums or colleagues since the solution is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email box accounts. Some corporations offer website hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you want to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to possess as many video files as you want to without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a website. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload video files, and so on. At Speedi Hosts, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared to the common email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular content only.